Jul 18, 2006

Arkham Horror Audio Review

Just a quick note to check out the latest installment of the Radio Active podcast (#34) over at Ken Newquist's speculative fiction website, Nuketown. Ken kindly asked me to join him to collaborate on a review of one of our gaming group's newest obsessions, Arkham Horror.

Arkham Horror is published by Fantasy Flight Games, and is an engrossing cooperative board game based on the timless, creepy fiction of H. P. Lovecraft and the cult favorite (pun intended) Chaosium Games' RPG, Call of Cthulhu.

3 comments:

LeperColony said...

I've heard good things about that game, but that most people seem to prefer Day of Wonder's Shadows over Camelot.

Lance Miller said...

Ahh yeah, I'd read about that one a while back - it's another collaborative board game, for those of you not familiar with it.

I'll look into that one a bit more - thanks for the tip! I own one other Days of Wonder game, Mystery of the Abbey, and I was very impressed with the quality of the game.

Ken Newquist said...

Shadows over Camelot sounds cool -- the guys at Roll 2d6 were just talking about it as part of their KublaCon roundup. It sounds like a cool game, and I was going to suggest that one of us get it after we get over our little Pirates obsession.

I think a big reason our group likes Arkham Horror is because we're all Lovecraft fans to one degree or another, either of Lovecrafts short stories, the Call of Cthulhu/Delta Green RPG or both. The board game lets us satisfy our craving for Lovecraft without all the prep time associated with the RPG.