Sep 8, 2005

Dali's Dilemma

Last night, my wife and I were watching the first season of Battlestar Galactica on DVD. We'd only seen the miniseries prequel so far, and holy cow! This show does *not* disappoint, or pale in any way compared to all the hype. Give me more!

I digress though. While watching said delectable sci-fi goodness, I was working at importing the rest of my music CD's into iTunes for eventual transfer to my beloved iPod Photo. I'd only had about 1/3 of my library on the iPod to date, and so at work today I had access to a lot of beloved tunes that I hadn't listened to for a while.

I've got to turn you on to one album in particular: Manifesto for Futurism by Dali's Dilemma. These guys only ever made one album from what I can tell, but *wow* what great stuff. If you like progressive rock - Dream Theater and the like - even a little, I highly encourage you to check this great CD out! Absolutely vibrant tracks, anywhere from blistering to beautiful. Great, great stuff. My good friend Mike had turned me on to them a while back, and so I'm passing on his great recommendation - thanks Mikey!

Here's a link to the album on Amazon, and another at their label Magna Carta. Both sites contain audio samples that you can check out.

No comments: